Here’s our super-intern Jessie to talk about the advantages fall brings for points and mile fanatics. Enjoy!
Top 5 Reasons to Celebrate the Arrival of Fall (in the Land of Loyalty)
Don’t despair as the curtain slowly drops on this summer season! There are lots of lovely things to look forward to this fall (including great ways to earn, redeem and share your loyalty points, miles and rewards!).
Here are our Top Five Picks in the celebration of fall:
1. Fashion: Are you as sick of the prominence of belly-tops and capri-pants as I am? Well it won’t be long before navels and ankles are banished once again! Under a fresh batch of sweaters, trench coats, and (best) new boots. There are plenty of ways to supplement the cost of those new items with your points and miles: you can redeem your Aeroplan or AIRMILES miles for great items through their online stores or choose the Gift Card option, offered by many loyalty programs, including HBC Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards, Diners Club Rewards and more (check out more programs at Points.com).
2. Off-season Holidays: Whether you’re looking to squeeze in some last minute summer revelry over the Labour Day weekend or you’re a savvy holiday planner who prefers a cooler temperature and shorter line-ups, now is the time to start thinking about your off-season holiday plans. Forbes.com did a great highlight on some of the best places to travel to in the off season, find it HERE. Frequent flyer program members should also check out last minute vacation offers and specials with their favorite airlines, such as Virgin Atlantic, jetBlue, Porter Airlines and more.
3. New Releases: I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for a few rainy days so I can enjoy my T.V./movie time sans guilt… and it won’t be like you aren’t doing anything productive if you take your Scene card along with you when you go to movies. Also, Netflix offers great bonus incentives for American Airlines AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, and United MileagePlus members.
4. Fresh Start: While Spring usually gets all the glory of “rebirth” and “renewal”, the freshness of fall should not be overlooked. Whether it’s a new grade, semester or quarter, this is a time to start over. Of course starting anew means a new pack of pencils (or flash drives). Alleviate some of the costs by using your OfficeDepot Worklife Rewards and Best Buy Reward Zone points!
5. Pumpkin Spiced Everything: Hey, don’t knock it till you try it…I don’t know what it is about a spicy pumpkin makes your everyday treats that much more delicious, but it does. One of the masters of the pumpkin spice is Starbucks, with their Pumpkin Spiced Latte! Also, residents of the U.S. and Calgary can use this (soon to be new addiction) as an opportunity to collect Starbucks Rewards points! And for the many other caffeine-loving Canadians, take advantage of the Starbucks Card Rewards card, which allows you to track your account online and connects you to news on special offers and member benefits!
How do you plan to celebrate fall with your points and miles?
Image source: http://www.sxc.hu/profile/lpalmer22