Loyal and giving? Wow you are just the sweetest!
Interested in donating your loyalty points/miles? Many Loyalty programs do indeed have charitable donations options. Information on how to donate will usually be located on the program website under the “Redeem”, “Use”, or “Spend” sections. No matter what your chosen cause, there is likely a donation option out there! We’ve highlighted several and arranged them by type below:
- Carbon Offsets: “The Green It Up Program allows Aeroplan Members to offset their carbon footprint using Aeroplan Miles” (Aeroplan website).
- Earth Day Canada Charity: “A national environmental charity founded in 1990, provides Canadians with the practical knowledge and tools they need to become life-long environmental stewards.” (Aeroplan website)
AIRMILES MyPlanet Rewards
- Members can earn bonus AIR MILES reward miles when they buy environmentally friendly products. Look for My Planet Bonus Offers at participating Sponsors.
Amtrak Carbon Offsets
- Redeem your Amtrak Guest Rewards Points to Carbonfund.org. “Carbonfund.org is the leading nonprofit carbon reduction and climate solutions organization, making it easy and affordable for individuals, businesses and organizations to reduce their climate impact by supporting third-party validated renewable energy, energy efficiency and reforestation projects.” (Carbonfund.org)
Children’s Aid Organizations:
- UNICEF: “Founded in 1946 to help children in the aftermath of the Second World War, UNICEF has since broadened its mission to promote the protection of the rights of children, young people and women throughout the world.” (SPG website)
- AA Miles for Kids in Need: This “program provides worldwide support for children and their families, as well as for organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life for children with needs for medical, educational, social services issues and/or for those that heighten public awareness of children’s issues.” (AA Miles for Kids in Need, AAdvantage Website)
- Through the SkyWish or SkyWish Asia program SkyMiles members can make donations of miles or money to dozens of charities, including a number of child welfare organizations.
- OnePass Miles can be easily donated on the OnePass website. Continental offers the choice to donate to a variety of smaller, local charities, as well as several of the larger international organizations.
Shoppers Optimum Donation Program:
- Members can choose to donate their Optimum points to any of the long list of charities registered with the Shoppers Optimum Program.
Choice: Choice Privileges
- Choice Privileges has partnered with three charitable organizations: Rebuilding Together, (which provides free rehabilitation and critical repairs to the homes of low-income Americans), The Armed Forces Relief Fund, and American Red Cross.
- Donate your HHonors points to organizations such as: Give Kids the World, Habitat for Humanity, Room for Hope, and American Red Cross
Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns:
- EarlyReturns members can choose from a variety of organizations to donate to, including, among others, The American Cancer Society Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, and The Fisher House Foundation
US Airways Dividend Miles
- Miles of Hope “Through Miles of Hope, you can donate your Dividend Miles to four national nonprofit organizations: the American Red Cross, Mercy Medical Airlift, Fisher House Foundation and Make-A-Wish Foundation.” (US Airways Website)
Image source: http://www.sxc.hu/profile/jellofishy